Valbona Myteberi, Assistant Dean
Welcome to Cardozo’s Master of Laws program! As an alumna of Cardozo’s LL.M. program myself, I have a deep appreciation of the students who come to the law school from around the world. Cardozo transformed my life. As the dean of Graduate and International Programs I counsel students daily, and I make sure they understand how to make the most of their experience here. I completed my Bachelors of Law (LL.B.) in Albania, which puts me in a unique position to fully grasp the challenges that international students may be facing when they pursue an advanced degree in New York.
Cardozo is a unique law school built by a vibrant community of learners. We provide a world-class legal education in the heart of Manhattan.
The faculty here are known as top scholars and practitioners in their fields, and they are open and extremely accessible to all students. Our strong and caring community of students and alumni foster a rich, caring and vibrant intellectual life, beneficial to the integration and the learning experience of all students, domestic or international.
My strategy is to personalize the curriculum of each of the students at Cardozo, so as to match their goals and to build on their strengths and experiences. Together with my team, we work to build a strong community of support around all LL.M. students, so they walk away with knowledge, experience and networks that would help them for the rest of their professional lives. They have this one chance to be in New York, to be at Cardozo – we want them to make the most of it.
Here are some reasons why I joined Cardozo as an LL.M. student:
- Inspiring and innovative teaching by brilliant faculty
- Excellent experiential learning opportunities, open to all LL.M.s, such as clinics, field clinics, and externships offering skills and contacts for life
- Amazing location, making it possible to pursue learning in class and in externships during the week
- A small, caring and diverse community of students, alumni, professors – a village mentality within a big city
- Networking with top professionals through fantastic events at Cardozo or around the legal community in New York City
If you are a prospective LL.M. student, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Don’t hesitate to contact me anytime, with questions or information you may need.
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212.790.0361