Apply to the LL.M. Program
LL.M. Degrees Offered
Our LL.M. program is known for its innovative programming, rigorous scholarship, and warm sense of community. We offer the following LL.M. degrees:
- Comparative Legal Thought LL.M.
- Dispute Resolution and Advocacy LL.M. (ranked #6 nationally by U.S. News)
- Intellectual Property LL.M. (ranked #7 nationally by U.S. News)
- General Studies LL.M. with optional concentrations in
- Compliance and Risk Control
- Corporate and Securities Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Fashion, Arts, Media and Entertainment Law
- Intellectual Property
- International and Comparative Law
Flexible Start Time
Begin your studies in either Spring (January) or Fall (August). Attend as a full-time or part-time student.
Taking the New York Bar Exam
If you are interested in sitting for the NY State Bar Exam, you must have your academic credentials evaluated by the New York State Board of Law Examiners for duration and substance and receive confirmation of the U.S. legal education requirements that will satisfy eligibility requirements for the Bar Exam. Please submit your qualification credentials for evaluation to the Board of Law Examiners online.
The priority application deadline for Fall 2017 is June 15, 2017. (Applications are accepted after September 1, 2016.)
The priority application deadline for Spring 2018 is December 1, 2017. (Applications are accepted after June 1, 2017.)
The Admissions Committee will continue to accept applications after the priority deadline as space permits in the class. Applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest opportunity in order to take advantage of rolling admissions.
Please direct questions about LL.M. Admissions to email@example.com.
Graduate & International Programs
Welcome to Cardozo’s Master of Laws program! As an alumna of Cardozo’s LL.M. program myself, I have a deep appreciation of the students who come to the law school from around the world. Cardozo transformed my life. As the dean of Graduate and International Programs I counsel students daily, and I make sure they understand how to make the most of their experience here. I completed my Bachelors of Law (LL.B.) in Albania, which puts me in a unique position to fully grasp the challenges that international students may be facing when they pursue an advanced degree in New York.
Cardozo is a unique law school built by a vibrant community of learners. We provide a world-class legal education in the heart of Manhattan.
The faculty here are known as top scholars and practitioners in their fields, and they are open and extremely accessible to all students. Our strong and caring community of students and alumni foster a rich, caring and vibrant intellectual life, beneficial to the integration and the learning experience of all students, domestic or international.
My strategy is to personalize the curriculum of each of the students at Cardozo, so as to match their goals and to build on their strengths and experiences. Together with my team, we work to build a strong community of support around all LL.M. students, so they walk away with knowledge, experience and networks that would help them for the rest of their professional lives. They have this one chance to be in New York, to be at Cardozo – we want them to make the most of it.
Here are some reasons why I joined Cardozo as an LL.M. student:
- Inspiring and innovative teaching by brilliant faculty
- Excellent experiential learning opportunities, open to all LL.M.s, such as clinics, field clinics, and externships offering skills and contacts for life
- Amazing location, making it possible to pursue learning in class and in externships during the week
- A small, caring and diverse community of students, alumni, professors – a village mentality within a big city
- Networking with top professionals through fantastic events at Cardozo or around the legal community in New York City
If you are a prospective LL.M. student, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Don’t hesitate to contact me anytime, with questions or information you may need.
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212.790.0361