Student Veteran Mentor
Cardozo Professor Arthur Jacobson is available as a mentor to student veterans of the military. Having a son who has served in the military, Professor Jacobson is familiar with many of the issues and concerns veterans often face. He is a wonderful resource for student veterans and we encourage students who have served in the military to contact him during their time here at Cardozo. Professor Jacobson’s office is located on the fourth floor in Room 409. He can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 212-790-0218.
Veterans Affairs Certifying Officer
The Associate Registrar, Cynthia Benolken, is the VA certifying officer at Cardozo. She certifies student veteran enrollment each semester. Cynthia is located in the Office of the Registrar on the 10th floor. She can be reached at email@example.com, or 212-790-0295.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Cardozo School of Law proudly participates in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program. This program was established by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 and provides educational benefits to eligible military veterans who have served on active duty since September 11, 2001.
During the 2015-2016 academic year, Cardozo School of Law will contribute an unlimited amount of funding (to be matched by the VA) for an unlimited number of qualifying post-9/11 veterans.
- Unlimited amount of funding means Cardozo School of Law will cover 50% of the remaining tuition and fees that exceeds the Post-9/11 GI Bill contribution. The VA will cover the other remaining 50% of the tuition and fees. For example: If tuition and fees comes to $29,870.50 for the semester. The VA will pay Cardozo $21,970.46 (1617 Post-9/11 Bill annual cap) + $3,950.02 (VA Yellow Ribbon contribution) = $25,920.48 (total VA payment). Cardozo will contribute $3,950.02 (Cardozo Yellow Ribbon contribution). Under this scenario, which would only apply to a fully eligible veteran, 100% of the student’s tuition and fees would be covered!
- Unlimited number of qualifying post-9/11 veterans means Cardozo School of Law will offer Yellow Ribbon to every eligible veteran matriculating at Cardozo. Cardozo does not put a cap on the number of recipients per academic year.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: www.gibill.va.gov
- Post-9/11 GI Bill: www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_gibill.asp
- Yellow Ribbon Program:www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_info/ch33/yellow_ribbon.htm
- NY State Division of Veterans Affairs: www.veterans.ny.gov/
- Tutorial Assistance Program: www.gibill.va.gov/resources/education_resources/programs/tutorial_assistance_program.html
- Veterans Administration on Education forms: www.gibill.va.gov/resources/student-handouts
- Veterans Affairs: www.va.gov
- Veterans Affairs Home Loans: www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/
- Veterans Affairs Insurance: www.insurance.va.gov/miscellaneous/index.htm
- WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment): www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
Transcripts for Military Service/Training:
- U.S. Army transcripts: www.aarts.army.mil/
- U.S. Air Force transcripts: www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/
- U.S. Navy/Marine transcripts: www.military.com/education/content/timesaving-programs/sailor-marine-american-council-education-registry-transcript.html
Phone: 212-790-0392 *** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org