B.A., 1972; M.A., J.D., 1975; M.Phil., 1978; Yale University
Areas of Expertise
Professor Zelinsky is the author of The Origins of the Ownership Society (Oxford, 2007) and his articles have appeared in many publications including Harvard Law Review, Yale Law Journal, Columbia Law Review, Virginia Tax Review, Cardozo Law Review, Tax Notes and State Tax Notes. He frequently lectures before professional groups on tax issues and has testified before Congress, most recently, before subcommittees of the House Judiciary Committee. Among his public service activities, Professor Zelinsky, who lives in New Haven, served seven terms on that community's Board of Alderman and for three and one-half years on New Haven's Board of Finance. He was an editor of the Yale Law Journal, a teaching fellow in the Yale University Department of Economics, and law clerk to Judge J. Joseph Smith of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Professor Zelinsky blogs on Oxford University Press.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 941
New York, NY 10003
Edward Zelinsky in the news
- Nov 17, 2014 Ed Zelinsky in International Business Times: Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Maryland Couple's Tax Bill
- Nov 17, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky in Law360 on Maryland v. Wynne
- Nov 4, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky Discusses Maryland Comptroller v. Wynne
- Nov 4, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky: “Lame Duck” Session of Congress Should Pass Multi-State Worker Tax Fairness Act
- Oct 7, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky - Mr. President: Nominate Another Ed Levi as Attorney General
- Sep 2, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky: The U.S. Supreme Court Should Reverse Wynne – Narrowly
- Aug 11, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky: The HSA/HRA Response to Hobby Lobby
- Aug 8, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky Top Cited Faculty in Tax Law
- Jun 2, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky: The Noto Decision and Double State Income Taxation of Dual Residents
- May 5, 2014 Professor Ed Zelinsky Looks at Public Pension Underfunding
More from Edward Zelinsky
- Oct 30, 2014 A Summary of Faculty Scholarly Work, 2013-14
- Mar 13, 2014 Professor Zelinsky's Article Cited in "Amazon Law" Decision
- Apr 29, 2013 Edward Zelinsky Speaks on "Retirement in a Defined Contribution World"
- Jan 17, 2013 Ed Zelinsky Publishes Tax Article