Areas of Expertise
Lee S. Sporn, Co-Director of The FAME Center, is Senior Vice President - Business Affairs, General Counsel and Secretary of Michael Kors (USA), Inc. and is responsible for its legal, human resources, store design, construction and facilities departments. Prior to joining Kors in 2003, Lee was the Senior Vice President, General Counsel at Kasper A.S.L., Ltd., owner of the Anne Klein and Kasper brands, and prior to that Lee was at Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation for 11 years, where he served as Vice President, Intellectual Property and Associate General Counsel, responsible for worldwide intellectual property enforcement, licensing and a wide variety of commercial and compliance matters. Lee served on the Board of Directors of the International Anticounterfeiting Coalition for a decade, and also served as its Chairman and an Executive Committee member. He is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Brooklyn Law School (class of ’86) and Cardozo Law School, and was the co-editor of Trademark Counterfeiting (Aspen Law & Business, 1999).
11 West 42nd Street
New York, New York 10036
Lee Sporn in the news
- Sep 12, 2016 New York Law Journal: Professors Barbara Kolsun and Lee Sporn Write About the Many Hats of a Fashion Lawyer
- Jul 26, 2016 Prof. Lee Sporn, Co-Director of the Fashion, Arts, Media & Entertainment Law Center, Featured in Corporate Counsel: 'Why In-House Lawyers Are In-Demand Law Professors'
- May 6, 2016 Lee Sporn, Co-Director of Cardozo's FAME Center for Fashion, Art, Media & Entertainment Law, Wins Lifetime Achievement Award
- Feb 17, 2016 A Conversation with John D. Idol, CEO of Michael Kors and Lee S. Sporn, General Counsel of Michael Kors
- Oct 28, 2015 Cardozo Law Expands The FAME Center for Fashion, Art, Media & Entertainment Law
- Oct 13, 2015 Cardozo's FAME Center: Fashion, Arts, Media, Entertainment Law
- Feb 26, 2015 Women's Wear Daily: Cardozo School of Law Launches The FAME Center, Fashion Law Talks Series
- Feb 26, 2015 Racked NY: NYC Has a New Fashion Law Program on Fifth Avenue
- Feb 25, 2015 Cardozo School of Law Announces the Fashion, Arts, Media & Entertainment Law (FAME) Center